Monday 19 February 2018

A bike ride across Pereira!

How long have I been here? Almost two months and I have just discovered that, on Sunday mornings, one carriageway of Avenida de 30 Agosto is closed to traffic and reserved for bikes! Ciclo Ruta, it is called. And I have my lovely friend Mayerlin to thank for that. The road runs right across Pereira, starting by the Stadium in the west, past the airport on its plateau, past Cuba on to the centre of Pereria by Plaza Victoria. The cycle route then crosses the Viaducto into Dosquebradas which is considered to be outside the city limits of Pereira. I thought about putting a map here, but if you are interested, you can easily look up Pereira in Google Maps. Here is a link to AllTheRooms which has published a piece about the city as part of their accomodation website.
 

AllTheRooms   8 Awesome things to do in Pereira.

We met in the centre of Cuba at a small fast-food kiosk called La Locura at 9am - Mayerlin very kindly came from the centre of Pereira where she lives. After chatting, we then meandered across Cuba to the Stadium where there were many people and lots of bikes! It was truly wonderful! Next to the Stadium is the Olympic Swimming Pool where I have been several times.
The photos speak for themselves, you can see where we crossed into Dosquebradas by the Viaduct. Instead of returning directly to Pereira, we visited Lago de Pradera where we took loads of photos. Mayerlin is wearing the colours of Colombia and I want to buy a cycling top like hers when I visit her in her home town next weekend. Or she even said that I could have hers!
We returned across the Viaducto to the centre of Pereira where Mayerlin headed off back home and I continued on back to Cuba. I stopped off at La Locura again for some lunch and then came back home. It was very hot at about 2pm but then it clouded over as is usual in the afternoon. The photo at the bottom of the page was taken at 6.15pm at sunset, but looking east. More or less east! 6.15? Hey, how about a beer!
 

This is normally buzzing with traffic!




A dance class in the Parque Olaya Herrera








My hair looks white in the photos but it is darker than that. Not much!
I will get colour added when I return to Spain because they have the colour reference.



This is my regular beer here! Club Colombia Dorada.


No comments:

Post a Comment