Thursday 15 December 2016

Friday 9th. An Expensive Day!

Friday 9th cost me quite a lot of money but I was prepared for it! I had promised to buy Nini a phone because she was for ever borrowing her mother's phone and inserting her SIM. So I paid for a Samsung J7. Later we bought a cover for it because it is for ever in her hand and it wold be easy to drop it.


And the other thing that I promised was to buy toys for a children's community near to Luisa's finca.  We had enormous fun in a toy shop together with her brother Brandon.
And I also bought toys for Sofia and Luisa's two children.
I wrote this out of order! First, we went to the toy shop, then to Alkosto. After buying the phone we (3) went for a meal before Brandon went off to work.
Nini had arranged to go to a party that afternoon and she invited me along. All young people, her age. When we arrived at 4pm, the music was very loud and I thought they were gong to have a disco but in fact it wasn't at all like that. It was about chatting and having fun and I was very glad to be there. I was introduced as Tio, which is Uncle in Spanish.



As you can see, it is a function room called Picardias. One thing that strikes me here is the absence of alcohol in public. By that I mean that there are very few bars. And coffee shops and fast food quiosks have no alcohol. The part was more or less "dry", most drinks were non-alcoholic.

1 comment:

  1. Pity you don't have a beard - otherwise could pass for Father Christmas

    ReplyDelete