Thursday 23 November 2017

We are happy! - updated Saturday afternoon.

I ended up waiting for my friends to join me at Redwoods but they were delayed, first by a rain storm and then by a taxi which failed to turn up. So meantime, I went swimming. The pool is nothing like the enormous pool at Grass Residences but certainly big enough to had a good work-out. I would guess it is a little shorter than 25m.
In fact, Nomel texted me and said that his sister Nomelyn would be coming too. I get confused by similar names in the family! The oldest is Noemi who has twin sons who destroyed Nomel's iPad Mini. I met Nemia last time I was here. They still use it but I brought a replacement with me - I have a full-size iPad so I don't need both.
They arrived at about 7pm, we had a nice evening together - I went out with mum to buy a takeaway.
Next morning, I went out early to look for some food. The shopping malls were closed and there was a small supermarket open in the lower ground floor but I didn't know that. I couldn't face more chicken so I went down the road and bought some pork in sauce from a small vendor. We had breakfast together at about 11am. We cooked the inevitable rice in the apartment. We are so happy to be in a nice apartment again but I'm not sure what we will do with Nomelyn when we go to Cebu because she is not on the ticket. I don't fancy sending her back home on her own. She is 20 but she looks younger! (see below for the solution). And we will have to stay in a hotel next to the airport the night before our flight. I have booked that. We stay in a family room which takes 4 adults, but it only has one double bed and one extra-large double bed. Same with the hotel resort in Bantayas Island. We normally work out something. Hehe, I end up in my own bed... alone!


From Redwoods, it would be about 3 hours to the airport! We are in Quezon City which is to the north of Metro Manila and the airport is to the south. I took the photo from our apartment and you can see part of Metro Manila in the distance. This ended up being a good choice, I admit I panicked a bit after the first night; my friends saying that it was too far, the cockroach in the water glass, the gas failing. So we spent 2 nights in Grass Residences but I found a great washing machine for Mila and we were able to arrange transport for it and the mattresses directly back to her home in Malabon. It would have been too far from Redwoods. And this evening they all all going home (Saturday) and only the A Team, less Nomelyn will come back on Monday. And the owner of the Grass apartment has offered a refund for our leaving early, so they will drop me off on the way to Malabon to leave the key and pick up the money, 9000 php - about 150 euros. Taxis here are very cheap so it is well worth making the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment