Friday 12 January 2018

A sunny morning in Pereira

This is just a quick post because I ended my last post in rather a depressed state but it is amazing what 11 hours of sleep can do for one. My so called "virus" is definitely on the way out, almost certainly psychosematic. And I am feeling a different man.
I spent most of the morning in bed and only at about 2pm did I make contact with Nini. She has put me in touch with a lawyer who can give me advice about buying a house and also the question of taxation if I decide to become resident here. Last night that was totally out of the question, all I wanted to do was go home. Except that "home" is in political chaos and will be so for the next 4 years I think. However, if I live here, I will do it as a Spanish citizen, meaning my passport will be Spanish. I am not sure about dual nationality, retaining my British passport also. I didn't think that was possible. In any case, I am happy to give up my British citizenship, many expats who want to remain European are doing the same. I was very upset when the UK decided to leave the EU, I felt abandoned! I would qualify for a Spanish passport I think. My Spanish is fine but I would need to swot up a bit on Spanish history and culture for the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment